Saturday, 22 July 2017

One year on ...

I have been patiently watching and waiting ...

Yesterday was a very special day, it marked one year since SWMBO was having major surgery. Its a date, probably ingrained on the rear of my eyelids. One that has affected us both for a year.

It was also juniors last day at school for this term, and school year. They went out with friends after school, mums had fun, the children had ice cream, then a party in a friends garden.

Junior came home, and said 'Daddy I have very important news, sit down' I thought 'ah this is it' ...

'Daddy I am star of the year' at school' and there was the certificate, presented at assembly that morning. That was a very nice surprise, and certainly not the one I was expecting ...

SWMBO had had a great time, with friends, a couple of glasses of Pimms with the mums.

.... and forgotten, all about what happened just one year ago.


2 comments:

  1. It shows what can be achieved with the love and support of your family. The three of you are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and the support of great friends, who take the time to stay in touch.

      Delete