Monday, 13 February 2017

Very British Problems ...

Very British Problems ...

Does anyone have contact details for?
I've booked not direct, with a tour operator. I have never been before, what is "Accoladdes" like?  I want room number * facing west in the afternoon, with a sun terrace for breakfast, air con at no extra cost, and a sea view ...

"I've emailed them, half an hour ago, No reply"
"They are busy preparing for the season, Give them a call tomorrow"

"They can't be that busy, I understand the islands are dead, if we are not there. I sent them a text last night as well, its been delivered"
"Be easier and quicker to just call them, if its that important. When are you going?"

"29th September for a week. I've emailed them, and texted them twice, and still no reply. Its no way to run a business. I thought our money was important to them"
"Just call them, speak to them, you will get an answer"

"That will be expensive, calling Greece, I have not got time to sit on the phone. I'll send them another email. Just a thought -Does anyone know about a trip to "Alonissisos" and the best boat to swim with the dolphins" ...

Only 79 days to go to the start of the UK season :) ...

4 comments:

  1. Why are people afraid of ringing a foreign country! Emails have their uses but much faster to get the information you require by telephone.

    Don't thing some folk realise that you can actually have a conversation on a modern smart phone!😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 'Silly season' as you know. Different priorities in Greece, and coffee to be consumed on well earned breaks. Always better to chat to a friend or make a new one ...

      Delete
  2. I remember the family who emailed their travel details and very very clearly said they'd arrive in the airport at 11 AM. So their hosts planned to pick them up at 11 at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many times have I been waiting at the airport or dock, for confused travellers giving their departure time, as the arrival time ...

      Delete