Thursday, 23 February 2017

A friend has left the beach ...

Litsa we will miss you ...

Skopelos, and especially Panormos will be missing a friend this year ...

Litsa, Destination Expert for Skopelos over on Tripadvisor, and friend to many Skiathos friends via the internet and across the world) from New York City, has passed away...

Lita (Litsa) Balaury R.I.P. 
I'm sure many will know she was a mine of information always delivered with patience and humour. A great friend of the island basing herself at Panormos each May and September, with a smile and a glass of red wine ...

Quote: 'The beautiful waters of Skopelos, my ban de soleil, a glass of red...and spread out on my 'psatha'..toes in water:-))

I spent a very lovely time in her company on Panormos. I was told to sit down, after a very warm hug. Wine arrived, more wine, then some more wine, delivered by a wave in the direction of her friends taverna. She loved to chat and had a great recall of posts, and people on the forums. Somehow I made it back up the steps onto Kalypso with legs like Bambi ...

The sight of her waving, glass in hand from the beach, will stay with me. Lovely lady, and will keep on 'Enjoyin' her memories ...

Links: 


Καλό ταξίδι φίλε μου Λίτσα ...


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this lovely post Skiathian. Yes, she was already missed on the NYC Forum and now we know why she hadn't posted for a while. Sorry that you've lost a friend. Will always remember Litsa when I am enJOYing the Upper West Side in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny

      Sad news but cherished memories. The photo above I had to twist her arm for :) the quote is hers and says it all ...

      Delete
  2. What a lovely tribute Ian. I remember you sending that photo to me along with tales of your very liquid lunch on Panormos beach:) Happy days and now very fond memories for you to keep of a lovely lady. Litsa was a legend over on TA, her contributions, wit, wisdom and enthusiasm will be greatly missed. RIP Litsa dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest in peace my dear friend Lita. Thinking of you on your special day. Steve Tingas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking over to Skopelos yesterday. Panornos distant and sunkissed. Just how she loved it ...

      Delete