Yes it's December - the official month of acceptable daytime drinking. (Yes I meant coffee) It is the season to be jolly, after the winter blast, that has chilled the island ...
December is the month of acceptable excess ...
- Christmas enters its 4th month in the shops
- Chocolate for breakfast, for the sugar hit, and feel good factor
- Fridge visits triple until you learn the chocolate is on the top shelf, of the adjacent cupboard
- Scissors/sellotape vanish almost and as if by magic
- Mulled everything - Yes why not, you say regardless 'Chin Chin'
Its also the last chance to get on a ferry to the mainland, but you will have to shift quick, after the weather related cancellations of the last few days. ANES Proteus is doing a double run to the mainland departing at 07:45 and at 19:00 hrs
The Seafarers union, has called a 48-hour nationwide strike in all categories of ships from 6.00 am Friday, December 2, until 6.00 am Sunday, December 4
Even the boat crew would rather be tucked up on the mainland, until Sunday ...