Thursday, 10 November 2016

W.T.M.

I met up with friends from Skiathos yesterday ...

It was the final day of the World Travel Market at ExCeL London. Its the leading global event for the travel industry, WTM London welcomes all levels of participants in the business, from ministers to us humble bloggers ...

Our man from Skiathos - Panagiotis Diolettas the islands tourism representative, was there, working for Skiathos and he was a very busy man indeed.



He was in great demand, and doing a great job spreading the word about the 'Aegean Paradise' to interested parties from across the world. Panos spends a lot of his time in the winter, away from home, attending the trade fairs across Europe. Promoting Skiathos, and acting as ambassador for the island, on behalf of the Dimos - Skiathos council.

Also present at WTM were the islands major hoteliers, and travel companies, doing business and spreading the word ...

ExCeL was buzzing, and you forget just how big the place is. You could travel the world under one roof. So whilst he was busy, I did, and hopefully my two new friends, from Moulin Rouge in Paris will be visiting the island soon ...

I told them all about the beaches, and as they are both keen swimmers, will be after some lessons from a friend of mine. If they go clubbing, watch out for their high kicks, both the girls were taller than me!

Whilst there, I was 'I know you'd' by Andy from Thomas Cook. Amazing he even took a photo for his Mother in Law, and friend of the blog, Pauline - So 'Good morning to you' down in Staplehurst ...

Next year I will have some signed photos - Just in case.

Quote of the day – Why are you wearing a suit? My answer – Its too wet and cold for shorts ...

No comments:

Post a Comment