Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Thomson Tuesday ...

It had to happen ...

Yesterday someone asked if there were likely to be delays, at Gatwick. I said should be fine they repaired the runway yesterday ...

'Well I really really love thunder and lightning, But rather not have it, while I'm on a plane' they said. Seems fair enough ...

Clearly they knew something ...

If you were a passenger on the TOM2201 into Manchester, this afternoon, I hope you enjoyed your excursion this afternoon due to the English Summer weather.


Storms at Manchester, closing the airport, and allowing you some extra time in the sky. Before joining the rush hour traffic ...

Well they do say 'Its Grim up North' ...

5 comments:

  1. Special request...

    Could you please suspend reports of bad weather for the next four weeks - that's leading up to and during our trip to the rock. This stuff frightens the whatsit out of me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dennis, You are made of sterner stuff for sure.
      I love the sight of lightning bolts, and thunder that rattles the ribs.
      A Skiathos thunderstorm that lasts a couple of days would sort out the men from the boys, and some of the fairweather summer visitors too ...

      Delete
    2. I can't do stern, Ian. I'm fine watching and listening to that stuff - ON THE GROUND. But I plead cowardice in the sky.

      Delete
  2. Metal bodied aircraft = Faraday cage, safe as prefabs! Not convinced about the copper mesh they put on Dreamliners though! 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hence they do not operate into Skiathos :)

      Delete