Sunday, 24 April 2016

#Manflu ...

When I heard the cough, I changed seats I moved away ...

Three days later, I am shaking like a leaf, sweating profusely and confined to bed. Not the kind of bug to have when SWMBO is on chemotherapy ...

I came back from the shops, chilled to the bone, and uttered the words SWMBO knows mean trouble ahead - Get the brandy bottle ...

So I will be giving the Marathon a wide berth today. Now approaching 24 bedridden hours shaking like a leaf with #manflu

Later, looking at the lemon and honey drink, Junior is dispensing. It reminded me of the Limoncello, which is brewing away now in week two. Limoncello & Honey ???

In the message box, a communication from Vicky and Chris from Skiathos, with an update on their version of  'brew Limoncello with me' ...


Three jars on the go - well they do have access to exceedingly fine lemons.

The lemon on R/H side looks like it may have shaved it a bit hard. You do not want the pith - white in the mix if you can help it. Then shake the life out of them babies (daily) at least for one week. Exercise with good intent ...

But looking very good - Anyone else with home brew to share ?


6 comments:

  1. Take it easy with the Manflu Ian. I've just had it, and it's a nasty one. Put me in bed for two days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be mobile, am up and about, sweating with legs like Bambi ...

      Delete
  2. As a friend said to me on twitter, "You be careful with that Manflu Steve, that's what got Prince!". ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, had a few hours respite, and it's back with a vengeance. As the captain of the titanic may have said, 'sinking fast here' ...

      Delete
  3. Hope you get over it quickly and SWMBO does not get it.

    ReplyDelete