Tuesday, 26 April 2016

#Manflu (update) ...

It started on Friday night ...

It's been attacking in waves, every day since. Last night SWMBO said, 'you look rough' I took this as a compliment ...

I looked in the mirror, and to be honest I thought 'She's right' ...

The haggard, three day unshaven grey face, with watery red eyes looking back at me. Even with the first colour of summer, is pale and drawn.

Home made Tomato soup, burns the throat and chest, and I cannot taste it at all.

The shivers return around 8pm, I can't keep warm. I pack junior off to bed, and dive under my duvet. It's around an hour before I feel warm.

Then the sweats, and the coughing start. I catnap, twist and turn and aching arms and legs with electronic shocks.

It seems I have a musical chest ...

Here's to a better day ahead ...

2 comments:

  1. I hope feeling better tomorrow,
    Jelly and cake may be on offer;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am instructed by Junior to be well, This date has been on countdown since Christmas ... #day4

      Delete