Saturday, 27 February 2016

He is back (2) ...

Yes feel free to check the calendar - It is February 27th ...

The most famous boomeranger of them all, and avid reader of the blog - 'Mr Malcolm' arrived in Skiathos via Athens on Friday afternoon.

No stranger or ever in fear of a winter trip. He has taken the National express bus from Middlesborough to London. Then down to Heathrow, before flying down to Athens, on the red eye,

Over to Skiathos on the hopper, and straight into action enjoying lunch with Skiathos friends.

He has been getting some feedback regarding 'luck and jealousy' from the charter and package trip brigade. However when its grey and cold outside, and sunny and blue in Skiathos. Tough decisions have to be made.

Must admit one correspondent, when presented with a photo of sunny blue skies, asked what was the weather like - Is it me ? ...

This morning he has been to see some of my mates, and posted me this ...


Yes a natural view of this mornings catch, and had me pining for some of those Marithas. I do hope by now he has had, some of those with a nice glass of tsipouro - or two.

Absent friends ...

Meanwhile Skiathian is recovering from dental surgery, and on a mind bending course of antibiotics. Yesterday spending over three hours in a hospital waiting room, with SWMBO. Waiting to see a doctor complaining we do not have enough staff.

I think a trip to a Greek Hospital, would be advisable to see stretched resources first hand.

After three hours waiting to meet the man, he asked me to make a formal complaint, so I went to the grandly named, 'Patient and liason office' only to find it was closed - Perhaps they were celebrating 'Poets day' after all it was 15:45pm ...

However I am still cooking, and may finally have perfected my Mousaka dish. Last night a combined 'wow' and I have to agree, even though it was a little difficult for me to eat.

Patience is a virtue ...

Late news/Stop press - Election rigging ? : Brussels stalls on plans to ban high-power kettles, and toasters. This over fears of further upsetting British voters ahead of the June 23 vote

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Brussels thought we would be getting too browned off and getting too much steam up. Hope you did not have a tooth abscess they are so painful.

    ReplyDelete