Friday, 28 November 2014

Black Friday ...

Well it was earlier ...

However its still a very 'Grey Friday' here on the rock.

From time to time you feel a bit sorry for yourself, and in my case its not for me but for SWMBO. You say to yourself there is always someone in a worse position than you and get on with it ...

One thing that has struck me these last few days, is a sad event, taking place on the other side of the world. One involving a game I love from the heart, both playing, and watching from the side ...

I have in my time dropped a few batsmen on to the wicket, and sent one or two to hospital.
So please excuse this post if it means nothing to you, it does to me ...



 #putoutyourbats #PhilipHughes #63notout #SeanAbbott #putyourbatout ...

2 comments:

  1. I guess the bowler's career is over now. I could never understand why bodyline bowling ever came into being - it surely can't be right to deliberately aim to harm somebody in the name of sport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bodyline, interesting piece of history, banned yet the Windies had their own version for many years.When someone gets decked, you always think they will get up again in a minute. Very few will know what Sean Abbott is going through. One is Peter Lever whose bouncer almost killed Ewan Chatfield many years ago ...

      http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/nov/27/phillip-hughes-peter-lever-ewen-chatfield

      Delete