Saturday, 25 October 2014

SWMBO ...

This is a post I hoped I would never have to write ...

Many have asked who SWMBO is - It means 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' Its just a bit of fun, where I refer to my wife. She shares our Skiathos experience, along with Junior. Many of you already know them both.

Now they may creep into some photos here, from time to time, however I always refer to them both, by their pseudonyms. I try to keep them private, from the blog. You know them a little, some of you know them a lot more.

What you may not know is that in the last few years, is that SWMBO has been battling Cancer.

Like the Boomerang club, that I started all those years ago, for those of us who come back year after year, to this rock in the aegean. We now know that the Cancer, has come back to visit us again too ...

Its not something you plan for, and despite all positive vibes from everyone, its a hidden enemy. Its there every day, you know its always at the back of your mind. Its been a healthy twelve months following the end of all the treatment - then the news confirmed by the doctors in Athens a few days ago.

So SWMBO is running a fundraiser. Its her idea, to try to ease the financial burden. Last time I was able to fund the expenditure. This time sadly I cannot do it alone, despite best intentions ...

So here is a message from SWMBO to you via Skiathian ...

Later update:

The FB page is live here
Twitter - follow @fightforlife5
E Mail - here

Update from SWMBO on the fundraiser scheme here




10 comments:

  1. Massive love to all of you from both of us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to you all,my husband had cancer and my heart goes out to you in these very difficult times.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and the same sentiments from me too. Be positive and strong; you know there are many of us on here who know you can beat this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve

      Two weeks to go, keeping my chin up - all of them :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck to you all. I'll try to give more. Sending positive thinking and guardian angels your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and be brave and strong and positive in these times.

    ReplyDelete