Wednesday, 10 September 2014

This is a new one ...

Even for me, Skiathos bananas ...

A friends palm has flowered, and produced fruit, Lets hope they ripen, I am looking forward to a Skiathiti banana.


Until then, better eat some more grapes ...



Later update: The waning supermoon, rose as a burning red ball over town this evening. The passengers on the star clipper, must have had an amazing view, whilst enjoying dinner on board ...

All content, including Photographs, graphics, text, © The Skiathian 2010-2014. All rights reserved

3 comments:

  1. I do believe you have to pick green bananas, then load them onto a banana boat and send them somewhere for them to ripen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and stick little labels on them too. No I have seen the real thing, in Trinidad and other places, best off the palm with a swing of the machete is best ...

      Delete
  2. Hmm, but don't they do it with a song about daylight and "me banana" or something?

    I hope the wasps aren't thronging round those grapes - I arrive in Troulos tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete