Sunday, 28 September 2014

Smells nice ...

In the kitchen ...

Junior kicked me out of bed this morning, woken up by noise in the street. So unable to get back to sleep, I am making use of the time making some bread.

I know it's been a while so watch this space ...

8am: 1st rise completed, knocked the stuffing out of it. Now it's going to left for at least an hour. It's going to be a bloomer. Fingers crossed we shall see ...

9:30 am 2nd rise not as good as the first, spreading rather than rising {Middle age spread?} or that its too cool.  Anyway its in the oven now, lets see how it turns out - or not ...

10:00 Well it seems to be rising in the oven, I sprinkled it with magic dust ...

Later:

Well it was a bit of a flat Eric, rather than a bloomer, but it cant taste that bad - The vultures descended on it and its half what it used to be.

Its a bit breezy here this morning, I think a draught or two, and the cool air, may have affected the rising process of the dough.

Still its my first wholemeal loaf of bread - Baked ...

SWMBO made good use of the oven too - A delicious Pear cake filled with a creme anglaise 'type' filling ...

No comments:

Post a Comment