Saturday, 2 August 2014

Steamy Saturday ...

Last night's storm, was a damp squib ...

Rather like ordering a Vindaloo, and getting a Korma, but not getting any rice with it. Remind you of anywhere local ? Yes we had a shower of rain, not enough to water the plants.

Yesterday's expeditions recovered some yellow plums, so tasty and eaten warmed by the sun. Some of the figs are ripe, but you have to be careful of wasps. Grapes are ripening on the vines, and looking very colourful, as they change from green to mauve.

I donated my last copy of the "Skiathos Calendar" to my friend from NYC. I hope she enjoys reading it, and puts it too good use in the future ...

I understand, I have a fan base over on Kalamaki. Good to hear you enjoy the blog, and thank you for the kind words ...

Looking forward tonight to a tsipouro meze. Will raise a glass to my friend in Norway, who has yet to sample the oak aged version. I never thought trolls were sceptical, but open minded souls ...

Unlike the flies, that keep nipping my legs as I type ...



1 comment: