Friday, 15 August 2014

Greek Holiday weekend is here ...

Today August 15th, this is a holiday in Greece ...

Greeks all over the country will celebrate one of Christianity’s most significant days, the Dormition of Virgin Mary. Some call this day “the summer Easter” to show the importance of the celebration, and many thousands of people attend religious services throughout the country. - See Greek Reporter here:

Here on Skiathos, as the church bells ring out this morning across the island, not only is today the 'Ascension of the Virgin Mary' Its also the name day of all the Maria's -χρόνια πολλά!

We also have English Friday, at the airport. Travelling holidaymakers will arrive and depart along a very busy Skiathos main road. Its going to be a very busy day on the roads as Express Pegasus and Skiathos, disgorge another huge cargo of cars onto our congested road for the weekend. Every vehicle on the island that can be hired is out there earning money.

Waiters will be at optimum stress levels and tavernas packed to the rafters this weekend. Its the peak weekend of summer. The next few days make or break the summer ...

In the midst of the heat and humidity, I have my own little stress test :)

My aged mobile decided to restore itself to factory settings, last night. Deleting most of my contacts. Probably the result of the heat and humidity here.  Its been giving up the ghost for some time now, I knew that moment I bought SWMBO a new phone, the writing was on the wall - Isn't technology wonderful ...

If you have my number, please text me with who you are, and I will happily restore you to full accessibility.

If I do not hear from you - Goodbye and have a happy life ...

No comments:

Post a Comment