Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Its a Conger ...

If Sunday was a convoy, Monday was a conger ...

A snake like procession of cars, up and down the island, last night a second gear crawl. August is busy, and getting busier. Motorbikes everywhere, and approaching and overtaking from all directions. The junction at Acropolis, would pass for one in India if there were some Tuk Tuks ...

I did tell you the grapes were ripening ...



My Greek friend gave me some more olives, I had offered to pay for them previously. Payment was difficult, it required intense negotiation, and translation ...

'You wash this hand, then the other, then use both hands to wash your face' ...

Do you understand it ?

Well I do not ...

It means 'you help me, so I help you, and you owe me nothing' ...

I have around 5 kilos of gorgeous mauve and black olives, beautifully marinated in herbs and lemon. He will not take a thing for them. In Borough market in london, they would be sold in little cups around £4 a portion, and you would go home very happy. I must have around £100+ worth at those rates.

How do you pay back, generosity and kindness like that ...

No comments:

Post a Comment