Monday, 14 July 2014

Lemon free zone ...

The local fresh lemons are coming to the end of availability ...

Last night the tree we shook only a few dropped. They were soft and heading towards being overipe. I despatched some to some waste ground, one day there may be a lemon forest where the fruit exploded.

The tree spiked me in the head, lemon trees have thorns, and exact punishing revenge. The fountain of claret was spectacular - even for such a short duration. I looked like a famous English footballer of years gone by.

It seems the world cup passed me by, I never saw one game. Is this a record I wonder, however the following record is quite impressive ...


Lately I have been feeding some sparrows.  Tonight, I am sharing my sandwich with one cheeky male version. He shrieks at me, flies up and sits around six inches away from me. Not quite eating from my hand yet. Perhaps soon he will, tonight we are having cheese and pickle.

'Julie' after five years in a Branston free zone, it's really tasty stuff. Margaret from New York is a convert, although she baulks at Marmite ...

Sue and Tommy - Thank you, Junior loved the gift it was in use within minutes. We were amazed at what you read into the comments on the blog. Next year home grown chillies it is, and perhaps a few other things besides ...

Another warm cloud free evening, and at least a demanding feathered friend, by my side for company ...

Late News just in: Happy Bastille day to my French readers, there are not too many of you - There is probably a good reason for that  ...

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you will use your culinary skills to make a tasty treat,enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete