Monday, 2 June 2014

Strange weather ...

Its been a day for the guys with the weather apps ...

It started warm with blue skies, but by mid morning it was clouding over. In addition strong breezes, that spoilt day trips, and sent bins flying. If anything there will be some serious cases of windburn.

I have two new friends, one male, one female. Both are sparrows and very cheeky. A shrill chirp when I eat my lunchtime sandwich. Even coming to my feet to demand some food. I feed them, they fly off and return in shifts to be scraps. They have no fear, tonight even following me indoors ...

The swallows eggs have hatched today, there is birdsong and shrieks from tiny mouths for food. Plenty of small flies and insects for their parents to harvest, and feed their young. Quite interesting to have a male and female swallow flying round your head, and very upset at your prescence.

Tonight, the winds died, or the wind machine broke.

The skies broke their cloudcover in time for a young couples last night, and chance to see the sun set, that I promised them.

Here it is ...


Καληνύχτα από Σκιάθο  ...

All content, including Photographs, graphics, text, © The Skiathian 2010-2014. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment