Thursday, 5 June 2014

How to make friends ...

... and influence people

Out to dinner last night with Leslie, SWMBO & Junior. Just by way of a change we popped into a local taverna. Thinking ahead, and being an 'English Gentleman' the Skiathian had booked a table.

After rushing home, ablutions and a quick sprint, he found Leslie, SWMBO & Junior waiting to be seated. Some 'peasant' had pinched our reserved table. I cast a look that would kill at 'mine host' who was extremely apologetic. I was just on my way back to the wood pile, to select a suitable piece of Olive to tap someone's memory ...

A table was swiftly made available and a full scale diplomatic incident avoided ...

Later it transpired, that friends and correspondents of the blog, Kev and Pat - had pinched my table, having been led astray by some other Brits who being from 'North of Watford' did not understand what the reserved sign meant.

Kev is a great guy, Pat seemed a little embarrassed. I asked him to buy us a drink to call it quits, but he is either careful or hard of hearing. Then the wheels came off the wagon ...

Kev who had perhaps a 'glass or two' over dinner, now had trouble focusing, He assumed Leslie was SWMBO, this caused great merriment at our table, not least with SWMBO. Not sure what Leslie thought of that, but we did laugh ...

However Leslie has now recovered from the shock, we met tonight on the Paralia, she had something 'special' for me - A Gin and Schweppes tonic, and me some freshly picked Lemons (within the hour) for her own version, back in blighty tomorrow night.

Kalo Taxidi to a special friend, and two more, whom we were lucky to have finally met, over dinner last night ...

3 comments:

  1. Fame at last ........or should that be notoriety?
    It was indeed a lovely table ;-)
    Maybe I had my contact lenses in the wrong way round, which would explain the mistaken ID - apologies to the lovely ladies Lesley and SWMBO and maybe I had sand in my ears which could explain why I never heard the suggestion to "get 'em in".....although I have a vague memory of a wine container and beer bottle being waved before my eyes :-)
    Was a pleasure to meet you all and always a pleasure to follow the excellent blog.
    Yassas for now, our MAN flight departs at 15:00 today :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have hung about a little longer for the Earth tremor ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we must have been in the air when the tremor struck that day.....

    ReplyDelete