Sunday, 11 May 2014

You missed this ...

Last night, another awful sunset ...


Now that I have shared that with you, what about today ...

Today has been a gorgeous sunny day, just the odd hint of distant high level clouds over Evia. Its been lovely and warm, peaking at 26 degrees this afternoon.

I have my first evidence of summer with the appearance of strap lines from my sandals. Many have said I am quite brown, but not as dark as last year when I fried in the sun ...

On my travels I spotted that the new Skiathos Buses have arrived from the mainland. They look really good, a great addition to the island services ...


Meanwhile the old buses sit in the council yard ...



Down the island the Oleander is in bloom, also roses now bud, open, bloom and drop their petals in four days. One gorgeous bush, I had my eye on has done just that. Two of the buds came home for international Mothers day today, one opened by the time, I had got it home. Amazing fragrance - wish I knew what it was its such a lovely plant ...

We have had a delivery of fresh supplies, from friends on the island. Huge lettuces from Koukounaries, Parsley, Rocket, and Spring onions from Troulos. It looks like a great salad is in order later. We have had some great tomatoes too. If all goes well there should be pistachios, from the mainland this week too, summer is definitely here ...
All content, including Photographs, graphics, text, © The Skiathian 2010-2014. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment