Saturday, 31 May 2014

Sunny days ...

... and heat

The man who showed me the weather forecast on his 'app' last night must be scratching his head. The I-phone probably cast out into the sea too. Its been a scorcher today. One that has seen the clouds bubble and build over distant Evia this afternoon ...

This morning I was approaching a bus stop and someone, looked at me. Then she waddled out in front of me, and did that silly walk, like they were running on the spot. Then just walked, looking straight ahead. I put a lot of rubber down on the road, and somehow managed to avoid serious injury to the car - and whatever to the lady herself.

If you are a Brit and in Troulos - Please remember the traffic comes from the opposite direction, and side of the road, than what you are used too. You do need a torch for the late night returns, as you are often walking on the wrong side of the road, with your back to the traffic, in the dark.

As for the waddler from the bus stop - you know who you are, and how lucky you are ...

Later I bumped into Pete and his daughter Emma - We continued our ongoing chat, whilst watching the thunderstorms passing south over the island. Enormous cumulonimbus clouds were developing over Evia all afternoon. They must have been rising over 40000 feet. I did hear a distant rumble of thunder.

Luckily the dark skies stayed around 10 miles distant but provided amazing colours as the sun set.


Back into town, to meet up with Liz and Ian, friends of many years and fans of the blog. Just for a change popped into Taverna Alexandros. A glass or two of red, a laugh and a joke - The recommendation of what I should eat from Magda, excellent as always ...

Liz and Ian ...
Thanks to Liz and Ian for the supplies and the emergency delivery of a fine quality nail brush to the Skiathian. In addition the lovely presents for Junior, I will be practising my cross stitch skills in due course.

Just after they left,  my favourite photographers Chrissy and Andy passed by. If only I could take photos like those two, I would be a very happy bunny ...

All content, including Photographs, graphics, text, © The Skiathian 2010-2014. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment