Saturday, 10 May 2014

Mayoral elections ...

It's a big election canvassing night in town. This evening Mrs Filaretto will be addressing the English speaking electorate, from the little picture gallery in Papadamatis street. Sadly I cannot attend, but met a few Brits on the way there earlier.

 Later at the opposite end of the street, Maniolis Paschalis will be holding a rally, and addressing the locals with his plans for the future. This will be a much bigger affair, rather like that which filled Papadamatis street a few evenings ago, when Mr Paras made his speech ...

 General feel seems to be that none of the candidates, have won the electorate over so far. This time next week it will be election eve. I wonder if we will have a better picture by then ...

Later Update:

Maniolis Paschalis rally ...




If only all elections were like this. I would give the buffet a 4/5 for presentation, but a full 5/5 for the hungry man factor. I did not try the wine, but mingled with the Skiathos faithfull.

Sadly I did not hear him speak, you get an idea of the charisma, and ability to present himself to the electorate. Still he shook me by the hand, and thanked me for attending. I asked if any of the other Brits had been there, he said perhaps one - but there was free wine earlier, at the other end of the street ...

All content, including Photographs, graphics, text, © The Skiathian 2010-2014. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment