Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Annual visitors ...

Like the Swallows and House Martins have arrived today ...

Their scientific name is 'Boomeranger' and have arrived to open their summer palaces. 'The Persian princess' has arrived, and very shortly the hills will be full of the aromas of fine food, and perhaps a party or two. Further up the alps, the 'Chilled out Hilliers' are back for their early summer sojourn ...

But someone else is here ...

A friend who touches base every year and sets up camp nearer town. We have the game of internet tag to make contact, one that many of you know so well. The message suggests a rendezvous at one or two locations, where you may or may not know, I can sometimes be found ...

A flying visit to town, on a fruitless attempt to locate my trail last night.

A text message this morning ...

A time and date set ...

I arrived a few minutes early, only to see her checking for spies in the other direction ...

I did not arrive empty handed ...

Unfortunately the intended roses were not good at the moment ...

There was a waft of expensive perfume, from my immaculately turned out friend ...

We hugged, and she passed me a gift in a green bag ...

The same as the last few years, and one that is very much appreciated ...

The lady from Wales is here ...
Yes Pinkygirl is here, with my gift from her part of the world. Fresh Asparagus from Blighty. Actually via 'Marks and Spencer'. I passed her a freshly picked (15 minutes earlier) sun warmed, and very fragrant lemon, the size of my fist. Oozing with its own fragrant perfume ...

Another quick hug, and Pinkygirl headed off back to her sunlounger, at Angeliki. Nikos was tasked to put the lemon to good use, with something refreshing whilst Pinkygirl surveyed the view out to sea ...

Back at base and SWMBO insists we eat then as a matter of urgency, in fact within the hour. So that's what we will do. On what has been known in our house as 'Pinkygirl day' ...

Later update:
Poached Asparagus, some warmed olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. A couple of sun dried tomatoes, and some freshly ground salt and pepper. SWMBO Verdict: Delicious ...



Thank you Marg, see you soon x ...

All content, including Photographs, graphics, text, © The Skiathian 2010-2014. All rights reserved

3 comments:

  1. You will have to let me know what small contraband I can bring you , I work for sainsburys . Arrival date to Skiathos is the 27th August xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a waitrose near to me , can cater for fussy British expats :)

    ReplyDelete