Friday, 16 May 2014

A man with a plan ...

Its that time of year ...

A Greek friend siddled up to me, explained pleasantries, and then asked if I would be voting for him. I asked who he was standing to support. He showed me the papers and I nearly fell off my chair ...

'You have got to be joking' would be a polite way of putting my reply. My friend was rather shocked by my total rejection of support, for his Mayoral candidate. Good for Skiathos was mentioned to me repeatedly. Even better if not elected my firm reply ...

I am a stranger, but entitled to my point of view, one that my friend seemed rather surprised to hear. My direction has become clearer during the last few days. The length of rejected candidates becomes longer. I know who I am not going to vote for. When I ponder over my morning coffee, I have a very good idea who, I think is best to vote for ...

I know which of the supporters candidates deserve my support in the team. Only one knows I will vote for him, but I would vote for this man, whichever candidate he supported - because he is the right man.

I am looking forward to Sunday, and the one after that, when Skiathos decides. May the best man or woman win ...

Late update for island residents:

Tonight in front of the Bourzi, the political candidates for Mayor of Skiathos will be making their final campaign speeches. Each candidate has 20 minutes on stage with his supporters in front of the electorate ...

No comments:

Post a Comment