Monday, 28 April 2014

Chasing Rainbows ...

That's how its been these last few days ...

You know the drill by the previous posts, starts cloudy, tries to brighten then it rains. That's exactly how it has been, and at the moment no change in sight. The sahara dust gets everywhere, all the cars and balconies are stained with a red soot from the skies ...

When I say the clouds are down the hills, this is what I mean ...


Looking the other way, I can see a rainbow ...


As you can guess, its still showery. In fact its raining right now ...

Anyone out and about early on Sunday morning, may have seen me emerging from a ruin with these flowers. I think they are quite pretty, and the aroma from the roses is really lovely ...


Quite how I never fell into the bush, reaching for these still amazes me. I live to harvest another day. For the gardeners amongst you, the Wisteria is finished, except high up on the hills. The bottle brush plants have flowered everywhere this last week. Poppies and spanish broom are in flower everywhere. Earlier I saw the first honeysuckle. Bougainvillea in flower everywhere, except on the streets 'last remaining triffid' ...

Junior had a great birthday yesterday, many well wishers from across the world. We were amazed and very touched by the comments.

My friends up at the medical centre are still patching me up. The hand is healing slowly, and the bandage gets filthy. Its my own fault,and its a 'breeding ground for bacteria' I do get told off very nicely. The antibiotics have finished, so the 'kokkino krassi' medicine is back on the menu ...

Here on the island, the closing date for the Mayoral election papers was last night. Hopefully it will all become clearer over the next few days, who has enough supporters to make it onto the final ballot paper. Then they will fight it out, to see who faces the 'old doctor' in round two ...

Work continues in earnest to prepare for the tourist invasion later this week. Kango hammers, buzz saws and all types of electrical tools being put to good use. Then there are the ladders, and people with paintbrushes balanced at precarious angles where ever you look.

Talking of paintbrushes, and high level work. Here is a famous island artist, hard at work between the rain showers, earlier this afternoon.


1. Name the artist
2. Name the taverna

... and before you ask

'Here is the Skiathos weather forecast issued at 16:23pm local time from The Skiathian weather bureau'

I can confirm, its absolutely tipping down, here in Skiathos ...

All content, including Photographs, graphics, text, © The Skiathian 2010-2014. All rights reserved

1 comment: