Saturday, 18 January 2014

Lemons ...

I had borrowed a mates ladder ...

So on the way to return it, I thought about the old lady and the lemon tree. I walked around the corner, ladder in hand, and out of her house she appeared, like magic. I looked at her and laughed, she looked at me with the ladder, and then up at the tree.

It was a done deal, and up into the tree, I went. A little later than planned, Stamatis got his ladder back, from a distinctly lemon scented Skiathian ...

Here is my reward ...



At this time of the year there are lemons everywhere. I love them but you have to think carefully what to do with them, after all there is only so much Gin and Tonic you can drink. We have in the past made traditional lemonade, limoncello, Delicious lemon tarts that are full of zing, and of course the ever popular Lemon Madeira cake.

If anyone on the island needs further ideas, see this link some of them actually do work ...

All content, including Photographs, graphics, text, © The Skiathian 2010-2014. All rights reserved

10 comments:

  1. Good person to be friends with, the lemon tree lady :-) I am busy making some Greek style lemon potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemons are really good for you, especially when you have just picked them, and you are covered in citrus oil.I love Oven baked potatoes with lemon and roasted meet drenched in fresh lemon juice ...

      Delete
    2. I have yet to perfect my oven potatoes as last week they were too caramelised, this week they were too lemony! Maybe third time lucky....hopefully :-)

      Delete
    3. This is the recipe that I use,

      http://www.food.com/recipe/greek-potatoes-oven-roasted-and-delicious-87782

      However of late I use the 'bung it in the oven version' and see how it comes out. As you know every oven is different, however so are the potatoes here, Very waxy so less likely to burn ...

      Delete
    4. Thanks for the recipe, got perfect lemon potatoes today! :-)

      Delete
    5. Great news - Hope you enjoyed them ...

      Delete
  2. Try this. I make it a lot
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/lovely-lemon-curdy-pud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, may give that one a go too ...

      Delete
  3. let us know how you got on with the recipie and if you enjoyed it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon Drizzle cake, Lemon Merange Pie., Oooh lovely ,I could go on and on ......

    ReplyDelete