Thursday, 19 December 2013

Insane pleasures ...

That's got you thinking ...

At the moment it seems to be pulling splinters out of my hands. Last nights wood delivery, has resulted in a fair few splinters in the palms. However each one removed, must have a 'it was worth it' muttered under the breath ...

I moved the wood twice to get it stacked, along with the rest of the previous pile being relocated to make room for the fresh (and very wet) delivery. So this morning was justifiably feeling a little sore. Likewise stretched a few muscles, that have not seen action for some time.

At least I now feel we are ready for the worst of the winter weather, should it come our way over the next month or so.

Someone once said, 'a friend in need is often best avoided' but that's not the case ...

The other morning, I passed a neighbour looking up at the lemons in her tree. I looked at them too, only for her to say 'when it snows they will be no good'

I said 'well they look good' and she indicated they were too high ...

Too high - even for me ...
So with a full stretch, I managed to get a leaf, in my finger tips. That brought a twig, and a full lemon, bursting with citrus into my grasp. A shake of the branch, and another two let go of their attachment, to mother nature.

One moment she said, and scuttled off, with me still at full stretch, as she headed off into her house ...

Anyone passing now, and there were a few - probably thought, I was up to no good. She returned with a chair as ancient as the house. 'Get up' she said ...

So standing on the frame of a rickety chair, leaning over a wall, and on what looked like a very flimsy roof - I did as I was told, and started picking, and disturbing a few more from up above.

Back on Terra Firma, a few minutes later, I handed over the lemons, and she was really pleased. I already had two for services rendered. However she insisted that I take some more ...

Lemon tart anyone ?
I departed for home, pockets full, and I must also come back in two weeks, to pick her some more.

It seems I have a date ...

All content, including Photographs, graphics, text, © The Skiathian 2010-2013. All rights reserved

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a Happy Birthday. Hope you get all you need or want.... Do you ever wonder ..where all them years have gone , ps them lemons might go nice in a G T . Enjoy ::)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - Few days left yet - Gin is €15 a bottle here. Might have to be fresh lemonade ...

      Delete
  2. I love lemons , I can also recommend a self saucing lemon pudding . And it's easy Peasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Lemons, you could make some Lemoncello .

      Delete