Friday, 15 November 2013

Still raining ...

Its a monsoon ...

Its really a wet one at the moment, heavy rain through the night, and again this morning. I nay have the first case of trench foot on the island this winter.

Not the best start to the day, first my glasses broke, then the mobile phone died, and I was caught in a torrential downpour in Papadamatis street - Onward and upward - The day can only get better from here.

Have a good dry and trouble free morning, wherever you are ...

11:30am

There is a tidal wave flowing down the street, and also one through the ceiling, into a neighbours house. All hands to the pumps ...

12:12pm

Its stopped raining (Only Joking) ...

Later update:

Well it finally stopped raining this afternoon. The ants with hobnail boots were not on the roof anymore. I made my way up to Carrefour, winter coat on to keep out the chill north wind. lt's now a sultana and walnut free zone. It must be the Christmas pudding makers.
It's much colder now, and tonight, the woodburner is doing its job once again ...

Thanks to Angela (amtgold) for a pudding recipe, yes no syrup either. I also laid my hands on some huge granny Smith Apple's. It's,as near a bramley as we are going to get.
Apple pie, or Apple crumble - tough decision ...

Ants jumping up and down up on the roof again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment