Monday, 18 November 2013

Hint of promise ...

Of a better day today ...

9am: Its nippy but there is blue sky around. It may be a better day today.



You can see the weather is better again today to the south. A sunny day down there again, whilst we have been under the grey clouds.

I opened the door this morning, to take Junior to school - Still coughing after one week. I nearly fell over a pile of wood, left by my neighbour. As I picked up the bag the door opened up the street, and there she was, waving to me.

The wood has probably been on the doorstep since 5am, and she has probably been watching over it since then. Hanging on the door, a bag of sweets for junior. How's that for a neighbour ...

Junior waving to her, calling out a 'Kalimeera' and sending a blown kiss, before running off down the street, to school.

Every year my lovely neighbour, leaves wood on the doorstep, usually for me to cut for her. Negotiations will have to take place about this delivery too. I usually return small logs, to her doorstep, for her tiny woodburner.

I made a new friend today, here he/she is ...


Hello, I am cute take me home ...
A little shy but a very young kitten, fluffed up against the chill.

All in all, its not been a bad start to the day ...

Later a tour of the ring road tool shops, actually some great advice and a point in the right direction. A swift sprint to carrefour, and met up with my friend Stamatis in aisle two. Back to his place for coffee, on the terrace in intermittent sunshine, and a look at his new chimney system.

Strangely still leaning at an acute angle, this time bolted that way and still leaning against the roof. This time its a more robust chimney. Its bigger and wider than before, and as its insulated with shiny aluminium - Its probably reflecting light across town like a huge sundial ...

Tomorrow we meet up to have fun with a ladder, who knows what will happen next ...

All content, including Photographs, graphics, text, © The Skiathian 2010-2013. All rights reserved

2 comments:

  1. You need to adopt that cute little kitten! It needs a happy home :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SWMBO has two pets, me and Junior ...

      Delete