Make sure you have some of this ready as the weather gets colder. A great recipe for sore throats and chest colds makes about 2 cups
- 2 lemons thoroughly cleaned and sliced
- 2 piece of ginger about the size of your pointer, and middle finger together sliced into coin size pieces
- Honey (about 1 cup-maybe more)
2. Pour honey over it slowly. This may take a few tries to let the honey sink down and around the lemon and ginger slices. Make sure when the honey has filled in all the voids, there is enough to cover the top of the lemon slices by a smidge.
3. Close jar and keep refrigerated. The mixture will form a loose or runny honey. Add a spoonful with some hot water and drink as a tea. (If you have juicy lemons the mixture may turn runny but this is OK!).