Thursday, 5 September 2013

Steamy ...

Well I am sweating buckets ...

The house is very humid, outside its cooler. Noticeably so than of late. Today there is no breeze at all. No air to move and cool us. No point using the air con just for me ...

Out of town, it's much cooler.  I have been watching the sunset earlier and earlier each day. You can tell who are the Brits, on the road at night. They are the ones walking on the wrong side of the road - with and not facing the traffic. Whatever happened to "Bring a torch for late night returns" I have only seen two people walking with one, all week.

So I have been out early for my visit to the Green Fox recycling bins. They are all full from the tavernas who support the scheme wholeheartedly here in town. I delivered two bin bags of plastic bottles, and a carrier bag of tins. That's just from us, it makes you realise just how much goes to the tip.

Just now the bin men are clearing the local tavernas. 6:30 and the sound of hundreds of bottles being deposited in the mini wagons. So much waste the guys are stacking the trucks. They do not bother using the device that empties the bins. One guy on top stamping on the bags to remove the air and crushing the boxes.

On my early morning walk, I recycled another 10 fruit boxes, the time has come to crush them, and bag them up too. Otherwise there may be an avalanche.

 Enjoying my morning cup of tea, enjoy yours wherever you are ...

No comments:

Post a Comment