Saturday, 21 September 2013

Rain Rain Rain ...

Beautiful sunset last night, radiating through the clouds ...

You just had to stand and watch it. So that is what I did with Kaye & Trevor, friends of the blog last night. Trevor keen to show me something later this week, that I have never seen before ...

Later heading into town, the first spots of rain, began to fall. I had a quick trip to the airport and by then a steady fine rain was falling.

`Teach` is in town, and had dropped me off some much needed supplies of cold and flu remedy. A book for winter reading too. I will catch up with him very soon.

On to Kabourelias to meet Stephen, who I know from TA with his mates. Stephen had kindly brought out a replacement part for Junior`s favourite toy. Thanks to good friends we have got round Amazon's no free deliveries to Greece policy at least until the end of the season.

Interesting to see Stephen and his friends, enjoying meat dishes where we usually have tsipouro and fish. However like all the dishes there, it looked very good indeed.

Whilst there the heavens opened and there was a deluge. Only one thing for it, a tsipourakia until the rain stopped.

Early this morning, the heavens opened again, so just after 3am, I found myself running around the house shutting the shutters, as it hammered down again outside.

This morning it's dawned grey and cool. Rather like the outlook for the next few days. Not good for a still chesty Skiathian.

So yes my friend Sifnosman, we do appear to have the rain that you crave ...

Later update:
Sunny warm and blue skies with lovely huge white cumulonimbus formations. People heading back on the buses down the island after a morning lost in town amongst the shops ...

20:25pm Looking up at Venus in the sky, whilst being serenaded, by a pair of Owls ...

No comments:

Post a Comment