Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Its not Cricket ...

We were on nodding terms ...

Then we were chatting, and I found out he was from Bangladesh. Oh I said, I know something about Bangladesh, 'their chefs make the best curries in London'.

This morning he saw me spinning an unripe orange. He said 'the best spin bowlers come from Bangladesh'

We had more in common than we thought ...

Green top with rough areas on a length for the Right hander ...


I can verify. I still cannot read a googly, either Bangladeshi or English to this day.

One crisp swat to the concrete boundary saw some damage and scuffing to the hard new orange.

But somehow I found myself nipping an unripe orange, away from the left hander using a piece of Pallet wood as a bat. The second new orange done him. The first having split its skin. as an attempted bouncer disintegrated at around hip height.

It nipped back off the lush, wide bladed grass, sneaking between leg and pallet bat, and rapping him hard on the shin - Just in front of the date palm stumps ...

Any umpire in the world would have raised a finger, to the appeal that followed

Bangladesh 4-1 on 'a green field in the aegean' ...

1 comment:

  1. Nothing worse than being put in to bat on an Aegean 'sticky'...... Deadly Derek would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete