Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Is this the way to ?

Amarillo no sorry the beach he asked ...

He looked rather like this well known character ...


Yes it is, I said (In my best Sergeant Wilson voice), but I would not go there in that if I were you. Someone got stuck there a few hours ago, and had to be rescued.


He gave me withering look, it will be OK and left

10 minutes later he was back, are you sure ? I ended up in the car park of a Thomson property!

I said that's a first, most people fall of the edge of the world ...

Another 15 minutes later, he was back again ...

'We are stuck can you help' ...

Second one this morning I said ...

Can you get someone to tow us out? In a firm but polite voice
'Of course, I will try' I said ...

Who did you hire your car from ?
The rep ...
Which company?
Olympic ...
Sorry I meant car hire
Don't know ...
Do you have the hire agreement?
Yes ...
Great let me take a look
It's in the safe ...

When exactly were you planning on flying home, I asked...

We managed by looking at a map, to identify where the car had come from, and sent for international rescue. They said they would be 15 minutes. Another 15 minutes later than that, the captain was still pacing up and down ...

I think he was thinking - 'You stupid boy' ...

No comments:

Post a Comment