Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Observations ...

A man walks by with a huge fish, it's head and tail hanging out the sides of a bag.

Another man, with what looks like young cut stalks of bamboo. He explains he dries it on his balcony, and makes a tea from it in winter.

The departing Artemis and arriving Express Skiathos, salute each other and deafen us with their ships horns.

The port policeman, who loves his whistle is on duty. Perhaps they can hear him in Koukounaries today. One day the pea in the whistle, will fly out. Our lives will be so much better for it.

Greek bravado - yes, I can see the pink parking ticket under the wiper in front of me. If I ignore it it may blow off, and I did not receive it. Perhaps when in two years it reappears on my tax bill, I will argue about it then.

Lady trying hard to crush plastic bottles into an overflowing waste bin. Right next to a huge plastic bottle recycling bin, that's half empty. That's multi tasking for you.

Anastasia the lady who makes people happy, she marries off around a 100 couples a year, gives me a smile and a wave.

More insane whistling, as usual no-one takes any notice.

I want to go to Lalaria today. Can you tell me how? The internet ...

Man with straw hat striding towards Express Skiathos. Straw hat now heading towards Xanemos even faster.

Very stressed looking oriental lady, in chefs whites. Carrying bags of fresh produce. Now boarding a rib. Crew member not letting her get on until she removes her flip flops, in case the rib gets dirty.

A black wing tipped seagull looks like he is hovering as he is heading into the breeze. His twin is passing the other way, at supersonic feathered speed.

A chat with Bill, a laugh and a joke as always.

A Thomas cook Boeing 757-200 screams in over the harbour. Mancunians I believe

Someone tries to run over a port policeman. He is holding the traffic, as they unload Proteus. The language is very interesting. His mate is still whistling ...

You get the idea ...


10 comments:

  1. Possibly your best yet

    I wish I was there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stranger, Cheque is in the post :) ...

      Delete
  2. Agree with angeleyes!

    I'm looking forward to being there.

    I can collect my cheque when we meet in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remind me not to argue with the seven foot guy, carrying an axe. Kabourelias awaits ...

      Delete
  3. Very good Skiathian. Enjoying not hearing the whistles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Artemis blasted us again a short while ago.

      Delete
  4. Agree entirely with both! I can see it all now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of nice feedback from the regulars today, thank you ...

      Delete
  5. Ah the peace and quiet of island life. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog as always, look forward to reading them every day .

    ReplyDelete