Monday, 12 August 2013

No news ...

... from the former sponsors of Flying Cat 5

So I emailed them, they say they will get back to me in around 48 hours or so ...

However its been an interesting day on the Anglo-Greek front, here in Tries Hieraches.

This morning, I managed to make a start on the removal of an unhealthy Bougainvillea. Not the easiest of tasks at the best of times, let alone one which the neighbours want you to do - like yesterday. I also have to remove the carcass to the port bins, early before the tavernas start preparing for lunch.

Heaven forbid you use a power tool, before 8am or after 2pm, so options with work are limited. Likewise the top is secured to the house by a wire, far beyond even my ability with steps. I managed to get 50% removed, the top 50% still has to go.

In the process, I was advised by all and sundry - you need to cut it here, there and everywhere. Put the limbs this way and that, It will be better like this and like that. You should remove it at this level and not that. All by people with houses but no Bougainvillea ...

One neighbour was very insistent that this goes now, but would not come down to open the door, for me to access the ladder to make the job easier.

What do you need a ladder for, Use your chainsaw - I can't it needs a new chain. I need to get up there, no cut it down there ...

Stig will be here soon. Who is Stig? Well wait and see ...

The washing machine tore itself apart internally, the other day.

However despite Dimitris explaining how his Serbian mate can fix it, a number of times. Its been a Serbian no show. However Dimitris did deliver fresh eggplants this morning, and relayed twice, a recipe for making aubergine dip. Both versions different. He left clutching some more new plates, which we are recycling from a very good taverna nearby, through his family.

So I wandered off in the heat of the day, and went to see the repairman in town. Naturally he was not there, I called him, and much to my surprise, he came within an hour of the suggested appointment time. +1GMT (Greek Maybe Time) ...

The swift diagnosis I agree with, having had experience of a washing machine, bearing failure a few times in the UK. He said he would order the parts from Athens, be here at 4pm and remove the machine to the workshop.

He did just that, things are looking up ...


1 comment:

  1. It's said that trouble comes in threes , poor you all on the same day. Let's hope that's your lot for a good while and you can get back to ( normal ) chin up ,:)

    ReplyDelete