Sunday, 26 May 2013

Start of another day ...


I was up at Taxiacharis early this morning ...

The sun rose as a red ball, from the sea well north of Alonissos, just after 6am. The air was crystal clear and still. Halkidiki and Mount Athos, some 60 miles distant were very clearly visible over the sea.

Its probably the best early view that I have seen, since I have been here. Just me and a passing shepherd, collecting some water from the spring, to savour it ...

The Full Moon, was like a big shinning candle flame, It still up in the western sky over the hills.

Plenty of evidence that the goats have been out and about. They must be the most efficient farm animal to have. They eat everything you do not want, and fertilise everything as they go.

I picked some cornflowers for the breakfast table, on the way home. Vibrant blue and with dry silver stems, and then saw the sunrise for a second time over the Pounta. This time from the bench where, I was sitting by the day yachts ...

I watched Swallows, and House Martins swooping along the harbour, as the first insects took to the air on the warm breeze. Pappa Giorgos, the priest at Tries Hieraches was starting to sing as I passed by.

Its going to be another warm one today, here on a small rock in the Aegean - enjoy yours wherever you are ...


1 comment: