Friday, 17 May 2013

Pseudonyms ...

It was a very busy morning yesterday ...

However, I noticed two people, were watching me, from over the street ...

A little while later, they were sitting on the bench. Whispering it seemed to each other, and looking in my general direction. I had a check of the blog, read my e-mails and looked up and there they were.

'It's you isn't it' she said ...

'I hope so', I replied

'Yes we thought it was you, and now we know' ...

'Really' wondering which of my personalities they have tuned into

I noticed they were very intently, looking at my bag of fresh lemons. Occasionally a waft of coriander, freshly harvested an hour or so previously, came over the senses.

The lemons and coriander, a gift from great friends up in the hills a little while earlier. We had enjoyed coffee, and delicious freshly baked warm scones with jam, on their lovely terrace, overlooking the islands - whilst spots of convection rain fell around us.

'We thought it was, last night. We talked about you over dinner, and asked a few people to check. We read about you every day, we know who you are' ... 

'Bugger - Ok its a fair cop' ...

'I thought so' she said with a smile

'I admit it, yes its me' ...

'I told you so David' she said to the quiet gentleman by her side

'Yes, I am Lord Lucan' I replied ...

Well I thought it was funny, but then I have eaten a lot of cheese lately ...

Later, two other friends, who have been great company here these last few weeks, were chatting with me. We passed the time of day, with another great mate here, and shared experiences.

They then asked me and a friend, a little later - 'Who is ? You must tell me - Just love their sense of humour' ...

Not knowing who they had just been chatting to - with me, a little while earlier ...


Later: Nice to see Mr & Mrs Suncamp girl, here for a lovely sabbatical.






5 comments:

  1. Phew! After all that Ian, are you sure you are really you??!! I think you may have to have a tsipouro meze lunch just to make sure all is well!!!��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inhaling too much kerosene :) ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 minutes to read your blog and
    20 minutes to read Wikipedia.

    Thx for this history lesson!

    PS
    Have celebrated Norwegian Constitution Day today. Rounded of with a GT on the terrace at 21:00; still around 20 degrees!
    And the GT was the best in a looooong time; as it had a twist of skiathos lemon in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the benefit of those, who sadly do not understand how to use the mighty Google - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudonym

    Hot one here today ...

    ReplyDelete