Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Gentleman Boomeranger ...

I met a lovely couple the other day ...

Here after 26 years visiting the island is Ted, who advises me he is eighty four years young. Here with his lovely young wife Margaret.


I told him he was a Boomeranger, and about the club, that I had started some years ago. So he is now an honorary member, of the 'Boomeranger club' - Proudly wearing his new club shirt, just this afternoon ...

Later update:
Quite a nice warm evening, lots of loud music on the harbour, some kind of party taking place, near Papadamatis street. There are rumours of a storm for Thursday, so we shall see.
Quite a few 'rather drunk' Brits, doing the 'last lager waltz' towards the bus terminus. They must be flying out tomorrow as carrying lots of cigarettes, and goody bags.
Thanks to 'Dave and Sue' for their delivery this evening, collected from 'you know where' - I owe you one, and hope to see you back here soon, hopefully with the man from Middlesborough.
Met some lovely Romanians who complemented me on my English, and a couple of Russians who were impressed that I knew they were from St Petersberg. Many of the bars and tavernas in town, are pretty quiet at the moment - Hope things improve soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment