Sunday, 14 April 2013

Poles apart ...

Its gone very well today ...

The day started sunny and warm, if a little breezy this morning. The winds had gone round 90 degrees from the south, to the west. The sunshine and high cirrus clouds gave way to cotton wool clouds, over the hills that crept lower until a grey gloom extended out over the islands.

The air temperature dropped, and the chill brought adults and children back from the play area. With spots of rain starting to fall around 13:30pm..

Not that it mattered much to me, having been getting stuck into some serious painting since 8am. It all went swimmingly well until the pole broke, with about 5m left to run. Replacing it with an aluminium broom handle not quite giving me the height that I needed, despite my height advantage.

Brush painting as I went, trying out a new colour scheme on the walls. One that looks quite good at first impression, we shall see when it dries.

Stopped for tea, and its a light grey murk outside, with an occasional drip thudding down on to the roof.

If ever I fancied a glass of red wine and a bar of chocolate, then it is right now ...

19:15: So I nip out for supplies and find another neighbourhood business is closing its doors. A little shop that is a mainstay of the community - Another one bites the dust.

Off to another shop, this one in a better location and expensive in comparison. I bump into the doctor from the hospital. He knows I should have seen him a week ago. I was elsewhere and have not been back.

For the second time on this island, in seven years, I had a follow up appointment outside of the hospital. Last time in Marinopolus, This time in Papadamatis street, outside a supermarket. Dr Yorgos, here for one year, clearly looks after his patients ...

After a hard day at the end of a paint brush, I was feeling rather hungry, so tonight a fish bake with white wine, tomatoes, garlic and onion. The fish a gift from a friend on the port - Enjoy ...



All content, including Photographs, graphics, text, © The Skiathian 2010-2013. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment