Friday, 1 February 2013

Kalo Mina - Fevruários ...

Kalo Mina - Good Month - Fevruários - February ...

The sun is up and its a lovely morning, so the month has got off to a good start. Last night the wind was howling after a very breezy afternoon, and dark clouds with spots of rain in the air. The local weather forecast was for the winds to abate overnight, and thats what they did. In fact they just stopped at 3am - as if by clockwork and there was silence ...

This mornings school run over, I checked on the lemons - still there and huge, although the ones nearest the fence have vanished into the night.



Returning home, many Kalo Mina greetings from smiling locals, the sun does that here too. Only a month of winter to go. Its been a mild one so far, Its looking good next week too.

Just getting into the house, I can hear her opening her door, behind me. I make my way in and close mine, just quick enough so that she cannot call out to me. My lovely neighbour up the street, is looking over at the door then scurries off up the street.

This gives me a minute to put 'my plan' into action. You see, as she is carrying a bag, I know she is making her roundabout way to the bins.

Uranea gives me lumps of wood, that will not fit into her ancient small woodburner. Its old Olive wood, and as hard as nails so I cannot cut it. Some of the lumps are huge, and she staggers down the street and puts them on my doorstep. She will never take anything in part exchange.

So I assemble a box of small woods from my woodpile over a few days - and wait my chance ...

I peek out the door and she has her back to me, I am off up the road with the box, and leave it just outside the open door. Just as he is heading round the other side of the block, on her way home.

Back indoors,I close the door gently, and stand back just in case she can see me.

She walks round the corner, looks at the box of wood, opens the door and takes it inside. Then opens the door again, and blows me a kiss ...



5 comments:

  1. A few minutes ago, I went out into the street, and nearly tripped over the box. It had been returned to me and left on the step ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely story, so beautifully told

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that's a lovely story but did she return the wood or just the empty box?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the empty box - It needs refilling ...

    ReplyDelete