Sunday, 3 February 2013

Blast from the south ...

Its become rather windy overnight ...

Day 4 of the strike - The sailors may be a little upset, today they may have stayed in port.

I was blown along the paralia, by the gusts this morning. I was on my way up to Taxiacharis, on the water run. Daylight was breaking at 06:10am and perfect visibility over to Skopelos, and the twinkling lights of Glossa. Its a shame tourists do not see the sun rise up there, at times its stunning.

Its warm - 15 degrees and it appears it will be southerly breezes all week, maybe gales later in the week too.

This is the forecast right now - take it from me its a little more breezy than the forecast.

In fact the waves are hitting the Old Harbour sea wall, and the spray is crossing the street ...

Returning along the paralia the cap was lifted off, a couple of times. But after a quick sprint, Its was returned to its owner. Home again I feel quite tired, the weather, the trip up the hill, and ferrying 70 litres of water, have taken it out of me. I should not be sweating like this, at 7.30 am on a February morning ...

No comments:

Post a Comment