Monday, 21 January 2013

Paper chase ...

Blue Monday - Officially the 'Most miserable day of the year' ...

How are you feeling today? Chances are, not that great ...
Because this morning you woke up on what has come to be known as ‘Blue Monday’ - the day of the year on which most of us feel at our lowest ebb.




For me the same, One of those days where you chase paper ...

Its a very mild day, it started Grey and heavy but we still have warm winds from the south, the clouds have lifted and its remained warm - at times it feels humid.

A trip to the bank, followed by another trip to the bank. A trip to the town hall, Later half way round the ring road looking for an accountant. The address vague to say the least, but even the neighbours did not know who worked in the office opposite, the only one with the lights on.

Past the post office, safe in the knowledge that we were not expecting anything. Spoke to our postman and went home. There was a piece of paper saying go to the post office to collect something.

I just made the post office before it closed and there was a parcel from the USA.

I took it home, some neighbours asking 'what's in the box' - Me clueless just the messenger. When I returned home, parcel opened and a very nice gesture from a lovely friend overseas, that has made SWMBO day ...

I have just had a count up - I have been out six times today. The boots have been off three times. Each trip beyond my own control and managed by others requirements.

To think, I came here to get my life back ...

PS: I sent some packets to friends overseas, who were missing their Skiathos fix, I am delighted to hear that despite the bad weather, the postmen are getting through with the goods. There is some Skiathos sunshine arriving back in the UK for friends in need ...

Later: The packages arrived safely and are being consumed - However right now (21:30hrs) we have a storm over Evia. Some nearby thunder reverberating over the island.


No comments:

Post a Comment