Friday, 23 November 2012

Blisters ...

Yes they hurt, and today my trusty merrell's which are disintegrating on my feet, gave me a blister.

They have covered many kilometres on this island, both up hill, down the valley, up trees and even into a lake. The tread is distinctly slippy on the cobbles, but they fit like a glove - if only a rather worn one ...

One school run, a trip to Carrefour for the shopping, a transit of Papadamatis street - Amazing fresh fish and beautiful vegetables in abundance. A trip to the other side of town to recycle bottles, and later a walk down club strip, a coffee and a catch up with friends at M.I.N.T. - Bellissimo ...

On the way back, I diverted and by the fire station, met an old man, with a determined look in his eye and a sharp hooked saw. He was as surprised to see me as, I was to nearly knock him over. We laughed and the object of his toothy grin (There were a few left) was the tall bamboo.

Olives I said ? Yes he said, and no problem - But that's how I ended up hanging on the Bamboo whilst he cut the stems for canes to beat his olive trees ...

Later as i made it back, Alex (Most famous and best waiter in Skiathos) was helping to trim a sycamore tree, and with Angelos and my left Merrell - we managed to send the branches on their way, into the play area. They were swiftly cut up and removed for firewood, by our loyal eco friendly island neighbours ...


Whilst we are on the subject of recycling, my neighbours like to drink beer. At least twice a week and quite a lot of it. They also do not like to take the empties back. 

They also make a bit of a crash, when they go in the back of the rubbish truck, and off to a hole in the ground, located on the top of the island for the next thousand years.

So according to my latest 'recycling index' around two dozen empties = I free bottle of wine - Yammas !



No comments:

Post a Comment