Thursday, 25 October 2012

Back and forth ...

I crossed town four times this morning by 1pm, dealing with officialdom  Today was even better than yesterday, when it was four times by 3pm, and five by 5pm. A new record ...

I visited Yorgos at the stationery office three times, photocopying the same documents over and over again. Only to have them 'not required' when presented at the office that asked for them, or to be sent back for more.

Yorgos is a very busy man at the moment, his photocopier working almost night and day, as customers need to present papers at the town hall - where they are lodging their claims for seasonal unemployment benefit.

One of my transits included the town hall, where the best part of the day was being ushered to the front of a queue, that would have been one of many hours, to see the official concerned. Thank you to the patient people who kindly let me pass ...

On the way, I learned (in passing) that the Skiathos Tax Office is closing, and relocating to Volos. The last day is the 31st October. After this date all the work will be undertaken in Volos.

If you need to pay anything important, and need an official receipt, then there are just a few days left, or you will need to hop on a ferry to Volos. Local banks will (apparently) accept payments over the counter. National Bank the preferred option, when not on strike - like today ...

So at the end of another tiring day of trips across town, (Including one by a new route, I discovered all by myself) - I have a new collection of stamps, another photo in a book, and another piece of paper, I must not loose ...

Another milestone - 30000 page visits - Thank you for visiting ...

No comments:

Post a Comment