Friday, 5 October 2012

Dodgy trotter (Update) ...

I succumbed ...

After a night of intense pain and pressure (Not sure which order) from the ladies of the village. I went to the medical centre here in Skiathos 'for a chat' about my problem - 'Dodgious trotterous' ...

The very nice lady on reception, was very impressed by my approach to the paperwork. Passport EHIC and my €5 appointment fee all presented in the correct order.  

I caught up with one of my Greek friends, about comings and goings, before being ushered into A&E for a MOT. Its has been confirmed by the doctors on duty, that it was extremely naughty, that I had not popped in for a chat earlier.

However after an initial triage, two x-rays were very promptly arranged, and undertaken. Signs of previous stress fracture confirmed (Chopping wood - circa  2009/10) - wrist slapped , but no break this time !  

I have to rest, keep the foot elevated, no walking, treat with ice packs and wear a support bandage.

'Dodgious trotterous'

This treatment will start on Monday, after I mentioned that my numerous worldwide following, needed to know about the situation at the airport, and the comings and goings of life 'On a Green Island in the Aegean'

Negotiations were along the lines of the Greek Bail out strategy, and harsh terms were put in place by the ruling medical team. However, I have returned triumphant holding a piece of paper declaring, I paid my dues (€6.74) and will be back in the passage of time  ...

Once again, I thank the medical team, at the Skiathos medical centre for their patience, understanding and excellent treatment, to people like me ...

I have declared myself fit, and will be walking making my way to the airport very shortly  ...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment