Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Ouch ...

This is the beautiful beach at Kastani on Skopelos ...


Famous for the pier scene in the Mamma Mia  film, when the boys in flippers danced on the jetty. It is also where I had a lovely swim today.



It is also the location for Skiathian's bi-annual wasp sting which this year, the venue was the Achilles tendon - left foot. I now have a muscle cramp affecting my leg,  up as far as the knee, and know this will be a regular feature for the next week or two.



I would like to add, I did nothing to upset the wasp, but for some reason, he hitched a lift on the edge of my shoe. His trip along Kastani clearly upset him, and rather than flying off and enjoying lunch somwhere - or some lovely ripe Skopelos plums, he stung me.

I hope he is considering the rudimentary elements of this mistake of judgement, as he prepares to enter eternal damnation, in that place wasps go to after death ...

No comments:

Post a Comment