Friday, 18 May 2012

Back from another trip to the mainland ...

Left Volos on the Flying Cat at 14.30 yesterday afternoon ...

Luckily we forced our way up the gangplank just in time, as the darkening skies started to drip rain on us. By the time that we took our seats in row 18 it was hammering down on the side of the boat.

Its been like that ever since ...

I have never known weather like it in May. Rain lashing down and strong winds rattling the tiles, and stripping the bouganvillia in the street. The torrential rain overnight woke me three times.

This morning its no better, I have even reached for the dressing gown and blankets. I looked out into the raging torrent that was the street, and for a moment wondered why rain was horizontal, when I thought it was meant to be vertical ...

Perhaps I had got it wrong, and my neighbours (Both Greek and having building works done in town in summer) were throwing huge buckets of water down on the roof.

If you ever wondered why Greek houses have shutters, then this is the reason right now - not just to bang in the wind all night in the summer.

If this weather keeps up, then todays Skiathos bound passengers are going on an excursion somewhere else - Kalo Taxedi ...

No comments:

Post a Comment