Saturday, 3 March 2012

Such a delight ...

To enjoy some more spring sunshine ...

This morning, I watched the Flying Cat depart in glorious sunshine. The older Greeks acknowledged me as i passed by the cafes, where they were taking their coffee, and a tsipouro in the sun. Th rattle of the backgammon board evident even at 8.30am.

This afternoon with friends at the play area. Well junior needs some fun,and its a good time to spend time with parents with similar interests - The little ones. I spent some time discussing worldwide issues, and chasing after junior along the paralia.

The sun was scorching, I retreated to shade, and noted the air was warmer, than yesterday. I was reminded by my Greek friend, that March is the month that you burn your skin, and everything else in the woodburner. I posted something similar last April here last year.

I was invited for lunch, but had to decline, however it sounded lovely - fresh fish on the coals and drink some tsipouro, whilst sitting in the sun. However tsipouro in the spring sun, for me means the sleep of the gods - from around 4pm - So perhaps another day, when i am not on best behaviour ...

It is much cooler once the sun sets, however a sprint around town this evening,  with Junior kept the pulse rate up. Tonight we lit the woodburner later, and are preparing some jacket potatoes to bake in its fiery interior ...

Word is after Sunday its a return to unsettled weather,so we must enjoy it whilst we can ...

No comments:

Post a Comment