Thursday, 9 February 2012

Special offer ...

Friend comes up to me and asks if i want to buy some Olive Oil ...

Why? I say, Carrefour is just up the road, with a smile
'Its special and I only have 25 cans of 25litres' you are my friend etc ...
He went on to give the location, acidity, and that 'as a friend i could have it for €70' = €2.80 a litre
That's roughly the same price as Carrefour own brand ...
The same size can has cost me more here, on the island off 'so called friends' in the past

So i said i would think about it - so, he held my arm, and he offered it to me as a pay in instalments option. He whispered this to me, despite no-one being within 50 metres of us

I have just been offered a line in credit, by a Greek friend ...

So is he in dire need of cash, or genuinely trying to do me a favour?
Its got me thinking, I can tell you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment